This is a strategy from Tearing Up Your 2020 Plan: How To Get Through The Coming Recession:
- Part I: Opportunities to Change with the Times
- Part II: How to Find Out What’s Changing, for Whom, and How
- Part III: Estimating Demand for Your Business During COVID-19
- Part IV: What Google Knows vs. What the Marketer Shows
- Part V: How is Your Customers’ Language Changing?
- Part VI: Using Search to Improve Customer Experiences
Watch the Video:
Read the Transcript:
Before we start killing marketing budgets, exhaust these opportunities:
Launching new things to serve new needs.
Offering more for free or extended payments or low cost versions or a prepayment discount.
Highlighting your product as a solution to a different newly relevant type of problem.
Changing your marketing; where you’re doing your marketing, how you’re doing your marketing, what you’re trying to accomplish with it. The channel balance, all those kinds of things.
We better invest in these places before we just cut entirely. We don’t know whether we could preserve demand, preserve jobs, grow our market share, be more competitive on the other side of this.
- No matter what bucket your business may fall in: Directly Harmed, Directly Benefiting, or Indirectly Affected — there is room to change and adapt to the new way of business.
- Exhaust your potential opportunities before you kill your marketing budget or cut your team.
Sign up for our newsletter below. You’ll also receive information about upcoming events & webinars!