Leveraging proprietary PPC tools, we built a service that starts finding your inefficient paid search spend within 1 week of kick off.
- We create checks and balances on Google’s paid search data and “smart bidding” feature.
- We catch inefficient keywords the first time they are clicked from your ads.
- We eliminate those keywords.
- You bid more aggressively on the keywords that drive your business—giving you more bang for your buck.
We saved our clients $11,104,714 in 2019.
After mining 5.1+ million data points across nearly 100 paid search accounts, we’ve found that 5-20% of Paid Search budgets are spent on keywords that don’t perform.
How Does This Happen?
GOOGLE COLLECTED $14.5 BILLION IN IRRELEVANT KEYWORDS
This is happening to all of us. You’re likely showing up on Google for thousands of keywords every day that are not relevant for your business, or that convert at a low rate.
If our 5-20% estimate holds true across the industry, approximately 12.5% of Google’s ~$116 Billion ad revenue in 2018* was based on keywords that don’t convert.
(For reference, Starbucks’ total revenue in the same year was $17.4 Billion!)†
HOW’D THIS GET PAST ALL OF US?
- Search queries your business may not be a good fit for are not immediately obvious in Google’s reporting.
- Marketers typically audit manually by sorting on click volume and cost, but most search terms only get 1 click all year!
- Marketers typically audit the full search query string. Example: Bank Account Video
HOW’D SEER FIX IT?
Our method mines all your search terms, whether they got 1 click or 100K clicks.
We look at each word to find patterns in low volume queries that add up. Example: Bank | Account | Video
We’ve seen experiences like this back in 2017 where a rapper drops a new song that ends up costing the finance industry millions in folks instinctively clicking on the first result:
Still happening almost 3 years later:
What it Looks Like
By combining PPC and SEO data, we find opportunities that operating in silos can’t.
HEAR WHAT OUR CLIENTS THINK:
“We have pretty established and mature campaigns as a 25 year old business. Our PPC campaign has evolved somewhat over the past 5 years, but a lot of fundamentals are much the same.
For these reasons, I wasn’t sure how much value [the audit] would have, but I have to say it’s really impressive.”
– Anthony Trollope, Identify Yourself
WANT TO HANDLE IT MANUALLY YOURSELF?
- It takes ~250 hours to evaluate 6,000 search queries manually**
- There are 55,494 search queries on average in Seer client accounts
- That’s a total of 2,310 hours (or 57 weeks for a full time team member!) to catch this manually
Want to Learn More?
Interested in saving your time and money so you can get back to focusing on ROI?
Reach out to our team: