case study • Feb 12, 2020
Google Analytics 360 Salesforce Integration Reveals True Marketing & Content Impact
- Client: Looker
- Industry: Computer Software
- Services: Analytics & SEO
- Results: Full marketing & content attribution to bottom-line closed won deals
Looker generates new leads on their website by having users sign up for free trials and demos. Within Google Analytics, they could see what marketing efforts and content drove lead creation and build an attribution model all the way through to closed deals. However, the Looker team wanted to leverage the advanced features and segmentation capabilities in GA360 with their Salesforce data.
Utilizing Seer’s custom planning & best practices for the Google Analytics 360 (GA360) + Salesforce Sales Cloud turnkey integration, Seer worked with Looker to:
- Provide specs and requirements for a multi-team project to execute on the development & implementation of the integration
- Import Salesforce lead statuses, opportunity stages, and additional Salesforce fields (Industry, Rating, Number of Employees, etc.)
Seer’s expertise in this area allowed Looker to confidently head into the integration and execute a true closed-loop data integration in GA360.
By following Google’s detailed documentation on the integration, Seer assisted Looker to have their development team, Salesforce team, operations teams, and legal team all tied into the process, and take the following steps:
- Create new Salesforce fields (Looker)
- Pass the GA Client ID to Salesforce using a hidden form field (Looker)
- Link GA360 + Salesforce Sales Cloud (Seer + Looker)
- Data Validation (Seer + Looker)
This approach led to Looker’s GA360 receiving Lead and Opportunity information from Salesforce every 4 hours. This allows Seer to take previous information in Google Analytics (traffic source leading the user to the website, content the user consumed, etc.) and tie this to the Lead and Opportunity information.
With Opportunity Closed Won as the “end stage” in Looker’s process, Seer was able to set-up a goal conversion to not only see what web traffic sources and pages play a role in these won deals, but also create segments and audiences based on Salesforce attributes, allowing Looker to further leverage the Google Marketing Platform enriched with Salesforce data.