Sometime last Monday, Google made changes to their results page. ImportXML doesn’t work anymore. So here’s a function you can use to get SERP results from Google.
Google Scraper in Google Docs Spreadsheet:
Source code: https://github.com/chrisle/seer.js-public
Latest Update: v1.2 Adds the ability to get page 2, 3, 4… etc using an offset (thanks @johnsee)
How to use it:
1. Click on File > Make a copy. Name it whatever you want.
2. In your spreadsheet, use this formula:
=googleScraper("my keyword here")
That will default to 10 results.
To get more results:
Add a second parameter like this:
=googleScraper("my keyword here", 30)
To add the formula to a different spreadsheet:
1. Go to the source code for google_scraper.js
2. Copy all that code to your clipboard
3. Create your new spreadsheet
4. Click on Tools > Script Editor
5. Paste all the code into the editor and save.
* 1.2.0 – Added ability to offset results (thanks @johnsee)
* 1.1.0 – Added ability to change the TLD
* 1.0.1 – Fixed Non-URL universal searches getting returned (Thanks Gareth Brown)
* 1.0.0 – Initial release