Leveraging big data with visualization tools like Power BI, which allows you to unlock cross-channel insights to scale, is a game changer for marketers. It’s completely changed the way that Wil and Seer works for our clients.
As part of Wil Reynold’s MozCon 2018 presentation, we invited conference attendees to participate in an interactive workshop that showcased how to break down silos in your own data – empowering you to combine SEO and PPC data sources to uncover new (and profitable!) insights while bringing your teams together to work together towards innovative solutions.
This isn’t a pitch…it’s our commitment to be better.
We realize that in order to grow as a company, we need to grow as an industry. We’ve found that the best way to bring teams together is through data. We aim to challenge industry norms for splintered, siloed strategies by combining data from multiple channels that force conversations and push teams to work towards a great, collective goal.
To run the analysis in Power BI as part of this video tutorial, you’ll need to complete these 3 steps:
- 📽️ WATCH: “POWER BI FOR DIGITAL MARKETERS”: LESSONS 1, 2, 2.5
- ⏬ DOWNLOAD: POWER BI FOR DESKTOP
- 📜 EXPORT: PPC Search Term Report (w/ conversions!) + Organic Ranking Data from SEMRush or similar tool (not GSC)
These free, video tutorials were built to help you get started in your journey to using Power BI and data visualization to find cross-channel opportunities and craft a story to help communicate the value to your clients or your boss.
If you get stuck or would like to speak with our Data Strategy team to troubleshoot or request help, please feel free to hit the contact form below.
One Quick Favor…
As part of this knowledge sharing, we’re giving you the same exclusive content that participants at MozCon were invited to join. With that, we’re asking you to commit to the same promise we asked of them – help others become better in order to make this industry a better place to think, discover, and innovate.
We firmly believe that these tools can help launch us into the next phase of #RCS. That’s why we’re building a community of innovators to help propel this industry forward.
To join the conversation and get more Power BI demos and marketing updates, subscribe to our newsletter:
Let’s Get Goin’
POWER BI FOR DIGITAL MARKETERS: LESSONS 1, 2, and 2.5
What You’ll Learn in Lesson 1:
- Benefits of PowerBI (and a few limitations, too)
- How to Create Relationships Between Organic and Paid Data Sets
- Some Problems You May Encounter & How to Troubleshoot
What You’ll Learn in Lesson 2:
- How to Find + Interpret Cross-Channel Insights
- Creating Great Visuals to Simply Big Data
- How to Use Data to Tell a Story That Your Client or Boss Can Understand
What You’ll Learn in Lesson 2.5:
- How to Make Your Data Work For You (Slicers, Filters, Etc.)
- How to Connect Opportunity to Real Marketing Dollars
Stuck on a PowerBI Problem? We Gotchu…
Whether it’s week 1 and you’re stuck on your first data connection or week 78 and you can’t quite get your R script nailed inside PowerBI, we’re here to help!
Got more ideas or insights you’d like to share? We want to hear from you!