SERVICES EMPLOYED: SEO
For more than 40 years, this optical retailer has been providing eyewear products and services. The international retailer operates licensed departments in over 750 retail locations, primarily national and regional department stores and wholesale clubs.
An international retailer of optical products and services operating licensed departments in over 750 retail locations, primarily national and regional department stores and wholesale clubs, approached long-time partner, Seer Interactive, with specific marketing goals to align their digital and offline presence for 360 of their retail locations.
After an internal review, they found that much of their store data listed online was outdated—showing closed locations and incorrect store hours. Why is this an issue? Have you ever showed up at a place that had incorrect store hours or locations?
This negative experience does three things:
1 – Frustrates the user (why are they not open, I can’t get what I wanted)
2 – Gives them a bad perception of the brand (they don’t even have their information up to date)
3 – Could prevent the user from getting to the clients store.
Having previously worked on PPC and SEO projects together, the optical retailer approached Seer with the challenge to create an authoritative source for potential customers seeking information about their stores and ultimately increase store visibility.
Prior to this project, the optical retailer did not have any store pages on their site. Seer began by crafting a strategy to build and optimize store pages on the retailer’s site. Then we audited the current local search presence of the site and discovered that that Google+ pages had already been set up for many locations, however they were set up in two separate accounts. Our challenge was to find a way to merge multiple accounts for each full-service retail vision store without damaging the presence built by each and then fully optimize each Google+ page.
During this project we also saw a shift in Google, from Google Places to Google My Business. This shift required us to navigate both the new and unknown, while still forging progress for the optical retailer’s locations.
Our core objectives became:
- identifying and consolidating multiple accounts per location
- cleaning up incorrect data within each location page
- increasing local search results for retail locations, including:
- regular organic rankings
- localized organic rankings
- local results
As a result of this project, the optical retailer saw an increase in local searches for their locations, ultimately improving the likelihood that customers would visit their stores. They also saw an increase in the number of online scheduled appointments at the locations Seer updated, directly resulting from the new store pages.
- The new store pages were launched in early September and began ranking in Google’s local pack by the middle of the month. By the end of October, store pages were ranking for 183 new keywords in various locations across the country, representing a 175% increase in visibility for the optical retailer in local searches.
- During the last week of October, store pages on the company site began ranking for 452 keywords in organic results, most of which were location-specific keywords, resulting in a 415% increase for store page visibility on the first two pages
- 415% Increase for store page visibility on the first two pages
- 175% Increase in visibility for the optical retailer in local searches
- 32% increase in self-scheduler conversion rate from overall
- 24% Increase in self-scheduler conversion rate from organic search
- 391% Increase in organic search sessions to new store pages within one month