Hardcore Analytics: How to avoid getting embarrassed by dirty data
Twitter: @rachaelgerson, @smx
Session Slides: http://slidesha.re/rg-smx-2012
Is your GA code on every page of the site?
Do you have more than 1 domain or a domain + subdomain?
Do you run an ecommerce site?
- Using eCommerce tracking on non-ecommerce sites
- GA eCommerce tracking code
- More info on GA eCommerce
- Bonus eCommerce link: Using GA to track complaints
Are you reporting on your own visits?
Is your GA code used on other sites?
Are you addressing capitalization?
Are you tagging your marketing efforts?
Are you comparing branded organic traffic to non-branded?
- SEER’s initial strategy to deal with (not provided)
- Filter: eConsultancy method to steal back (not provided) data
How can I get access to my account?
Auditing GA Code – Tools to make your life easier
Finally, two GA top contributors you should absolutely be following: